Venue – Old Trafford
Date & Time – Sun, 14 Dec 2014, 13:30 GMT
Manchester United: De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Evans, Young, Carrick, Fellaini, Mata, Rooney, van Persie, Wilson
Subs: Lindegaard, McNair, Blackett, Herrera, Fletcher, Januzaj, Falcao
Liverpool: Jones, Skrtel, Lovren, Johnson, Moreno, Henderson, Allen, Gerrard, Coutinho, Lallana, Sterling
Subs: Mignolet, Toure, Lambert, Lucas, Can, Balotelli, Markovic
Manchester United: LWWWWW
- Manchester United have won 10 of the 12 most recent league and cup meetings at Old Trafford but were outplayed in a 3-0 Premier League defeat in the corresponding fixture last March. Steven Gerrard scored two penalties and missed another, with Luis Suarez completing the scoring.
- There have been 15 red cards in this fixture in the Premier League; only Everton v Liverpool (20) has had more.
- This is the 191st meeting in all competitions. Manchester United lead by 75 wins to Liverpool’s 64, with 51 draws.
- United have won five Premier League games in a row for the first time since Sir Alex Ferguson retired.
- They are six points and six places better off than at this stage last season.
- Manchester United’s total of three shots against Southampton on Monday is their lowest tally in any league games since Opta started recording such data in 2003.
- Robin van Persie has scored six goals in his last nine league appearances against Liverpool.
- The Reds are nine points, seven places and 15 goals worse off than after 15 matches last season. They are 15 points off top spot, compared to a four-point deficit this time last year.
- They have failed to score in four Premier League fixtures this season – one more than in the whole of 2013-14.
- Liverpool have conceded 13 goals in seven away games at an average of 1.87 goals per game – only QPR have fared worse.
- Mario Balotelli has had a league-high 35 shots without scoring this season. He scored twice in his only previous league appearance at Old Trafford in Manchester City’s 6-1 victory in October 2011.