Aston Villa: Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar (c), Okore, Clark, Cissokho, Sanchez, Delph, Weimann, Agbonlahor, Benteke
Subs: Given, Bacuna, Herd, N’Zogbia, Robinson, Grealish, Calder
Manchester United: De Gea, Jones, Carrick, Evans, Valencia, Fletcher, Mata, Rooney, Young, RvP, Falcao
Subs: Lindegaard, Blackett, McNair, Rafael, Di Maria, Januzaj, Wilson
- Manchester United are unbeaten in their last 18 league matches at Villa Park since a 3-1 defeat on the opening day of the 1995-96 season (W12, D6). It is the longest unbeaten away run in any fixture in top-flight history.
- They have won the last seven meetings home and away, scoring 21 goals and conceding only four.
- Aston Villa’s only win in 37 league games against Manchester United came courtesy of Gabby Agbonlahor’s headed goal at Old Trafford in December 2009.
- In all competitions, United have lost just once against Villa in 35 meetings (W29, D5, L1) since a 3-0 League Cup away defeat in October 1999.
- Manchester United are the Premier League’s form team with six successive wins. They last won seven games in a row between January-March 2013 during Sir Alex Ferguson’s last season in charge.
- They have won consecutive away games in the league, having started the season with three draws and two defeats.
- Louis van Gaal’s side have opened the scoring in 11 Premier League games this season, the joint most with Swansea and Chelsea.
- Wayne Rooney has scored more goals against Villa (12) in the Premier League than he has against any other side.
- Juan Mata has scored five goals from just six shots on target in the Premier League this season.
- Ashley Young scored 38 goals in 190 appearances for Aston Villa between 2007 and 2011.