Stoke City: Begovic; Cameron, Shawcross (c), Muniesa, Pieters; Walters, Nzonzi, Whelan, Arnautovic; Diouf, Crouch.
Subs: Butland, Bardsley, Huth, Wilson, Adam, Assaidi, Shenton (Bojan injured)
Manchester United: De Gea, Young, Jones, Smalling, Evans, Shaw, Carrick, Mata, Rooney, van Persie, Falcao
Subs: Lindegaard, Blackett, Rafael, Fletcher, Herrera, Januzaj, Wilson
- Manchester United have won six of their last seven games against Stoke City in all competitions. Their only defeat was a 2-1 loss at the Britannia Stadium last season.
- The Potters have not keep a clean sheet against the Red Devils since a 1-0 win in a top-flight match at the Victoria Ground on 2 March 1983.
- The Red Devils have won just two of their last 11 away games in the top flight (D6, L3), although they are unbeaten in their last four (W2, D2).
- United have gone nine league matches without defeat since losing to Manchester City two months ago (W7, D2).
- The last time United failed to score in back-to-back league games was in December 2013 against Everton and Newcastle.
- They have scored seven goals from outside the penalty area this season – the joint-highest figure in the top flight (along with Everton and West Ham).