Have you wondered who holds the record for the maximum sixes in a T20 International innings? Then here it is for you – a list of the record holders for the most 6s in a T20I match. Also, another list for the maximum total sixes scored by a team in a T20 match.
[stextbox id=”custom” caption=” T20I Records: Maximum Sixes in an Innings (Individual Batsman)”]
The list also mentions the number of boundaries the batsmen scored in the match, but those are not records.
- Richard Levi: 13 x 6, 5 x 4 (South Africa vs New Zealand, 19 Feb 2012, Hamilton) – In this match, Levi not just broke the record for maximum sixes but also went on to create a new record for the fastest century in a Twenty20 match by doing it in just 45 balls.
- Chris Gayle: 10 x 6, 7 x 4 (West Indies vs South Africa, 11 Sep 2007, Johannesburg)
- Loots Bosman: 9 x 6, 5 x 4 (South Africa vs England, 15 Nov 2009, Centurion)
[/stextbox][stextbox id=”custom” caption=”T20I Records: Maximum Sixes by a Team in a Twenty20 Match”]
- South Africa: 17 x 6, 19 x 4 (vs England, 15 Nov 2009, Centurion)
- Australia: 16 x 6, 6 x 4 (vs India, 7 May 2010, Bridgetown)
- Australia: 14 x 6, 14 x 4 (vs England, 9 Jan 2007, Sydney) – In one of these earliest matches in the short history of Twenty20 cricket, Australia scored 221/7 without any batsman completing a half century).