Everton’s 1-0 win over Watford last Saturday might not be enough to confirm European football, but the club certainly will make all efforts to bolster up their squad to make a larger impact in the next season.
Toffees manager Ronald Koeman is said to have been allotted £75 million to splurge in the upcoming transfer window, and it looks like their first summer signing could be announced soon.
Everton had been consistently showing keen interest in Las Palmas centre-back Mauricio Lemos in a bid to overhaul their defensive line-up drastically.
The 21-year old Uruguayan was caught in Everton’s radar following some brilliant performances for his Spanish club this season, and has even been said to be on the radars of big clubs like Barcelona.
And while any concrete news on the player is yet to come, here’s a picture (via @mickdev2000) doing rounds online, allegedly showing Koeman meeting the player and his agent at Hilton –