What a start to Pulisic’s life in England. Sky Sports have baffled everyone and angered the Chelsea faithful with their interview of Christian Pulisic, Chelsea’s latest signing.
The American international appeared for his first-ever interview as a Chelsea player. Sky Sports have been slammed for the quality of the questions as well as the manner in which they were asked. The questions were ridiculous. The interviewer focused on Eden Hazard and Jadon Sancho and left the American very confused.
Timeline of the 10 minute interview:
- The very first question was regarding Giroud and his contract extension
- The questions about the transfer ban and his thoughts put him in a very awkward position
- The most controversial topic of discussion was Jadon Sancho. Talking about the player who took his place in the squad was really a childish and careless move by the interviewer and the fact that he asked Pulisic 3 questions related to Sancho in a row made matters more embarrassing
- Comparison to Eden Hazard and asking him if he can replace him
- Asking him point blank if he can be the “most successful” American player in the Premier League
The interview was truly a shambolic one but Pulisic showed great maturity. He did not fall prey to the interviewer and his irrelevant questions.
He maintained himself well even though the questions spoke about Sancho. 3 Jadon Sancho questions before the 4-minute mark left us wondering if the interview was about him?
The comparison to Hazard and asking if he was here to replace him was utter foolery. Pulisic is here for his own growth and purpose. He will definitely try to emulate Hazard and his impact provided he leaves.
Asking him whether he can at such an early stage was a huge blunder and Sky Sports should be ashamed. Fans have left countless comments on various social media platforms. It has not gone down well with fans in general, not just the fans of the blues.
We hope that Pulisic can get over this interview and bring his creative flair to the Premier League.
Check out a video of the said interview below –
Awful from Sky Sports. pic.twitter.com/Ve9KzQUZih— Yan
(@ChelseaYannick) May 22, 2019