With 2 goals in 2 games now, Mario Gotze is enjoying the thrill of playing football again at PSV Eindhoven.
Dortmund – Munich – Free Agent
For a player who was once heralded as Germany’s answer to Lionel Messi, Mario Gotze’s career took a turn for the worse ever since his controversial move from Borussia Dortmund to Bayern Munich back in 2013.
Though the wunderkind still managed to score one of the best goals ever seen in the 2014 World Cup final against Argentina, Gotze saw less and less time in a football field after his big move.
In an attempt to revive his career, Gotze moved back to Dortmund in 2016 but his second stint at Westfalenstadion turned out to be less than successful with just 14 goals in 104 appearances.
Dortmund chose not to renew his contract last season and Gotze became a free agent for the first time in his career.
Back in his element
The German forward confirmed his move to Dutch outfit PSV on 7th October and has seemingly found the thrill of playing football again under master tactician Roger Schmidt.
Gotze scored on his Eredivisie debut against PEC Zwolle and then scored again in his second game for PSV last night.
Any doubts whether he will be up for it are fading quickly as Gotze rifled a shot past the Granada keeper in his UEFA Europa League debut.
Although PSV lost the game after a scintillating second half comeback from Granada, we are totally behind what seems like the revival of one the biggest talents of the 21st century.
- Haaland Turns Fun Uncle for Foden, De Bruyne and Gundogan’s Kids at PL Victory Party
- All About The Upcoming Argentina Copa America 2024 Home Kit
- Did Pep Guardiola Really Use Steroids While Playing for Brescia?
- Man City Fans Dream of CL Badge of Honour on Kits Next Season, but Here’s the Reality
- All About ‘Knollsy’, the West Ham Superfan Who Fought Off Horde of AZ Alkmaar Ultras
Leave a comment