PUMA has seen legends play in their products, and they continually strive to get better with each new collection. In 2020 they sourced 100% of the core materials in its apparel and accessories from more sustainable sources.
They are keeping up the trend by releasing their first-ever boot not made of animal-based materials: The KING 21 Vegan.
The new Vegan boot will be a special edition of the Puma King Platinum, the primary boot of the company. The step towards protecting the environment will not degrade the quality of the collection, as the comfort and the style will remain the same.
PUMA has proven to work towards sustainable and eco-friendly products through its Forever Better campaign. They have already been making products using more sustainable materials and practices.
The 6 cool features to look at
- The new boots will feature super soft, fully vegan leather and comfortable 100% vegan knitted yarns.
- KING 21 Vegan will also have a soleplate without using any animal-based lubricant.
- As for the logos and prints, only vegan pigments were used.
- The texture of the boots was made using Lazertouch, for better ball manipulation.
- PUMA has incorporated Nano-Grip to ensure proper cushioning and keep the feet secure.
- For enhanced agility, the vegan boot will also have conical studs.
According to PUMA’s Senior Product Line Manager, Floran Nemetz, PUMA will continue to use Vegan materials in their future products as well. He also added, “The KING Platinum 21 Vegan is an exciting milestone for PUMA as we utilize Vegan-friendly materials and offer an alternative to animal-based leather products”.
The all-new PUMA KING Platinum 21 Vegan in Ivory Glow, Green Glare, and PUMA Black is available from February 11th at PUMA.com, PUMA stores, and select retailers worldwide.