Skip to Content

Real Madrid to Present Kylian Mbappe with ‘Saudi Style Offer’ Totalling ‘550m Euros’ as Deal Nears 95% Completion

Real Madrid to Present Kylian Mbappe with ‘Saudi Style Offer’ Totalling ‘550m Euros’ as Deal Nears 95% Completion

The Kylian Mbappé transfer saga has been one of the hottest topics in football news lately, with Paris Saint-Germain (PSG) making every effort to keep the young star.

Recent revelations suggest that Real Madrid is inching closer to signing the French striker, and they are prepared to present him with an eye-watering ‘Saudi style’ offer that could reach a total of €550 million. 

Spanish journalist Ramón Álvarez de Mon recently disclosed the details of the impending contract that awaits Kylian Mbappé in the Spanish capital. According to Álvarez de Mon, the deal would see Mbappé earn an astonishing 25 million euros tax-free per season, with additional variables in the range of 30 to 35 million euros. 

He continued by confidently claiming a 95% chance of the star striker signing for the Spanish giants. The remaining 5% represents the possibility of Mbappé staying at PSG solely for monetary reasons, a scenario that appears increasingly unlikely. Real Madrid’s pursuit of Kylian Mbappé is no secret 

This Saudi-style package is further complemented by a potential commercial agreement aimed at boosting both Real Madrid and Kylian Mbappé’s personal brands.

The allure of the offer lies in its magnitude, comparable to the lucrative contracts offered to top stars who have ventured to the football-rich nation of Saudi Arabia. However, some fans argue that the values in Arabia could even be higher, as players like Bernardo Silva are reportedly receiving double the offered salary.

The road to this impending transfer has been fraught with tension and challenges, mainly stemming from recent clashes between Paris Saint-Germain and Mbappé. The strained relationship could be partially attributed to promises made during Mbappé’s contract extension with PSG, which were allegedly not fulfilled by the club, leading to the striker’s dissatisfaction.

Real Madrid’s interest in Kylian Mbappé is undeniably strong, the club seems to prefer securing his services for free next season when his contract with PSG expires. However, the French club is determined not to lose their star player for free and is demanding a significant transfer fee. 

This has led to a potential total cost of around 550 million euros for Real Madrid, considering the transfer fee, wages, signing-on fee, and agent fees. As a result, the Spanish club might reconsider the move this summer unless the price is reduced substantially.

ALSO READ: Explaining Why Kylian Mbappe is Totally Absent from EA FC 24 Promos